Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recorded OGG files with TT classic not work.

Posted by dash 
Recorded OGG files with TT classic not work.
October 04, 2018 08:22PM
Hi.
I tried open it on few players but none playing it.
And streaming OGG files on Windows TT classic dont work.
You can add working MP3 recording eg using lame library.
Re: Recorded OGG files with TT classic not work.
October 04, 2018 08:36PM
Did you try VLC?

-- Bjoern
October 07, 2018 09:04AM
Opus-tools 0.2, the latest version I can find (September, 2018) and an official reference implementation, seems unable to decode TT Opus ogg files. Opus-tools 1.10 could do it, but that used a different code library I believe. I don't know enough about this format to understand the problem though. Opus-tools 0.2 can be had from [www.opus-codec.org] currently.
October 10, 2018 10:59PM
maybe it can work in VLC but it's only one program supporting it. Why user must install other player only to listening a TT recordings? It dont have sense.
October 29, 2018 09:10AM
I finally have a bit more info about why players can't play TeamTalk Opus recordings.

The Opus specification requires that the Opus data in the Ogg container start with two header packets. The first one is present in TT recordings. The second, a comment header beginning with the string "OpusTags," is not. Opus-Tools 1.1, and probably VLC, were capable of ignoring this spec violation. Opus-Tools 1.2 and many players refuse to work with this, which is valid behavior according to the specification. Opus-Tools 1.1's opusdec program actually did complain about TeamTalk Opus ogg files by printing, "Invalid/corrupted comments." I just never knew why until now.

References and tips:
* Official Opus file format specification, titled "RFC 7845 - Ogg Encapsulation for the Opus Audio Codec": [tools.ietf.org]
* Section 3 mandates the comment header.
* Section 5.2 defines the comment header structure.

Hth.
October 30, 2018 11:58AM
HM. If i opening recordings in wav format in goldwave program displaying ---------------------------
Confirm
---------------------------
Internal data size is incorrect. The file may be corrupt.

Continue anyway?
Yes No
And file loading succesfully but ogg does not work in any audio editor I use.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login