Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TeamTalk5 on a Raspberry Pi - How To Guide?

Posted by TT-Col 
TeamTalk5 on a Raspberry Pi - How To Guide?
October 02, 2018 02:37PM
So initially I installed a TeamTalk5 Server on a Windows 10 machine, but after a Windows Upgrade it it would no longer launch.

So then I though I would install it on a dedicated Raspberry Pi - I have attempted to install it the best I can, but I am really struggling to find any step by step instructions on how to install it correctly.

Can anyone point me in the right direction in regards to a website or video that guides you through the install of the TeamTalk5 Server on a Raspberry Pi.

Regards - Colin
Re: TeamTalk5 on a Raspberry Pi - How To Guide?
October 06, 2018 07:23PM
Anyone?
October 06, 2018 09:21PM
If you're not an experienced Linux user then you'll have a hard time figuring out how to set up a TeamTalk server.

-- Bjoern
October 07, 2018 07:08AM
Thanks for the patronising!

I have set up all sorts of things on a Pi - Usually by following clear instructions and learning along the way.

The problem with TeamTalk Server for the Pi (despite being a great program) there is no clear instructions or even starting point.

Surely it is a case of "Untarring" the program and changing some files/setting, setting up some correct directory permissions etc. Is there an apt-get address? What are the download and install/setup steps please?

Running the server on Windows seems unreliable. It will run OK for a while then I get 'Pipe'errors, which then I Google and nothing comes up to resolve the problem.

Surely i am not the only person running into these issues, and surely I am not the only person who is attempting to install the TeamTalk Server on a Pi and running into problems due to a lack of clear information! Or is program part of a "secret order".
November 14, 2018 09:00PM
I've updated the scripts and guides on how to install the TeamTalk service on Debian/Raspbian here: [github.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login