Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multiple Instances with Different Audio Devices - Possible?

Posted by TT-Col 
Multiple Instances with Different Audio Devices - Possible?
September 23, 2018 04:13PM
Hi All,

I am having a bit of trouble trying to achieve something - Perhaps it's simply not possible. I want to open two separate instances of the TeamTalk Client (in Windows 10) and have different audio configurations for each instance - Use different sound cards for the two different instances.

I have followed the instructions from the Help file that says to do this:

"Multiple client instances with different settings

Since the TeamTalk executable first tries to load settings from its own directory it's possible to run multiple TeamTalk clients with different settings. Simply create a new directory, copy TeamTalk5.exe and TeamTalk5.dll to that directory and create a file called TeamTalk5.ini (TeamTalk5Classic.xml in the Classic client). Launch TeamTalk5.exe and it will use the local settings file instead of the settings file in the user-profile".

However the setting wont stick.

Any thoughts?

Regards - Colin.
Re: Multiple Instances with Different Audio Devices - Possible?
September 23, 2018 09:32PM
Why no just use Ctrl+N? Each client then has its own profile.

-- Bjoern
September 24, 2018 05:41AM
Thanks for the reply bear_dk,

When you say each client then has its own profile, do you mean in regards to Sound Card assignments, or just a profile that logs into predetermined Channels.

I am currently using .tt files to open the Clients into the correct Channels.

This is what I am trying to achieve: To be able to open TWO separate TeamTalk Clients with individual predetermined Channel logins.
AND have INDEPENDENT Sound Card allocation per Client predetermined (saved as a configuration) for the two separate TeamTalk Clients.

This is for a Radio project - so one Client is for Studio Program, and the second Client running different sound card arrangement is for Comms & DTMF.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas in advance.
September 24, 2018 07:51AM
With profiles each client has its own settings (own .ini file). Nothing is shared.

In reality Ctrl+N calls TeamTalk5.exe -cfg and starts a new client with new config.

-- Bjoern
September 24, 2018 07:58AM
Thanks again for the reply.

So what am I missing here, because when i set the Input & Output devices in the Preferences Section, then close reopen the Client it keeps Defaulting back to the original settings.
September 24, 2018 09:50PM
Do you switch to your new profile after restarting?
September 25, 2018 06:04AM
I worked out what the issue was - It was a Folder Permissions issue with the new directory I had created for separate instances of TeamTalk - This was forcing the program to go and get the default file rather than using the Instance Specific .ini file.

Windows 10! Got to love it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login