Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Channel update requests ignored in TT5Classic Windows client if they include a change to Transmit Interval

Posted by Doug Lee 
Any channel update request I send, at least from a TeamTalk5Classic Windows 5.3.2.4931 client to a server of the same version, will be ignored (no update request actually sent to server) if the request includes a change to the Transmit Interval. I say the request doesn't send a request to server because (1) no event is generated for other clients, and (2) trying to change values when not an admin or channel operator does not produce the server-side "error performing requested command" error message. So, if I change topic, works fine. Change Transmit Interval alone, ignored. Change both topic and transmit interval in same request, ignored.
Re: Channel update requests ignored in TT5Classic Windows client if they include a change to Transmit Interval
September 12, 2018 08:03PM
You cannot update the audio codec of a channel when there's people in it.

-- Bjoern
Sorry, I should have clarified: There were no people in the channel during all tests. However, the standard response if I were to try updating a non-empty channel would be an error message. Consistent with my earlier report, there is no error message if a transmit interval change is included even if someone is in the channel (I tested this just now), because this causes the update request not to be sent to the server at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login